Pharaohs 2nd Annual Open TX Cruise & Morrison Car Show Picnic
Time & Location
About the Event
Cruise & Car Show! Event planned by Dan Shea who provided the details below.
1. 8:00am – Meet at “Northlake Commons” retail center. It is on FM407 just WEST of I-35w at Harvest Way. Register - $25 p/car.
2. 8:30am – Depart for a shop tour at Riggs Fabrication and Restoration, 15520 Hwy 114, Justin, TX. West on FM407 to FM156 in Justin. Turn Left and go to Hwy114. Turn right on Hwy 114 to Willow Bend Dr where the street will circle around to the shop.
3. 10:30am – Depart from the shop for Decatur. Right on Hwy114 to Hwy 287. North on Hwy287 to Business 287 just south of Decatur. Right on Bus287 and proceed to Downtown. Several really cool photo spots for hot rods!
4. 11:30 – Meet up at the City Hall parking lot on Main St just east of the Square.
5. 11:40 – Depart Decatur for Eagles Canyon Raceway. North on FM51 from Decatur. Arrive ECR at Noon and we line up to sign the waivers and at 12:30 we do a couple of parade laps covering the whole track.
6. 1:00pm – Depart ECR for Tim and Melina Morrison’s Hot Rod Ranch in Denton, TX. Turn Left on FM51 to FM455. Right on FM455. Proceed through Slidell and Sanger. The Hwy377 south of Pilot Point turn Right to Aubrey. At FM3524 in Aubrey turn right to Downtown. Turn left on Main St and go south through downtown. Turn Right on Rock Hill Rd just before the RR crossing. Follow Rock Hill Rd all the way to Hwy380. Turn Right on Hwy380. At about a mile turn Right on North Trinity Rd and take an immediate Left - first gate on the Right or just look for the Hot Rods!
We will arrive at the Morrison’s about 2 to 2:15. Plan on a late lunch or early dinner there at the picnic with fabulous BBQ for sale by North Texas Rib Rangers! The Austin-based band, The Octanes, play their great rockabilly music from 3:30 to 6. Continue to hang out after that and we close down at 9pm. Bring camp chairs. There is a ton of shade, but bring a pop-up if you like! The cruise and picnic is $25 p/car. The picnic only is $10 per car. Money is for the band. All excess funds will be matched by me and donated to the Denton State School!